I got error which says “MyApplicationName has stopped working” once deployed simple tool application to the deployment machine which is MS 2008 Server.
But application works just fine on my Dev Machine.
I took a look on event viewer and it says:
It looks like something I was referencing is something in the framework that wasn’t installed on the server.
I remembered that when worked with UI I inadvertently took some thing from ToolBox. I immediately removed that thing, but REFERENCE were left in projects references.
It was Microsoft.VisualBasic and Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.
Once you get errors on deployment machine check carefully if you haven’t referenced something that is not needed. And remember about Event Viewer.