Just upgraded AutoMapper to 1.1 version. What is really funny about this update is that we used pre-release version of this tool in production. And it worked well, even there were some bugs, so I’m having some doubts if we relied on some of those bugs : ).

Here are Release notes we should benefit from:

For the 1.0 RTM: http://automapper.codeplex.com/releases/view/39791 For the 1.1 RTM: http://automapper.codeplex.com/releases/view/44802

Honestly I did not find some major changes and there were no obvious (compile error) breaking changes, even we used many of AutoMapper features. There are slight performance improvements and added features that we probably don’t need or maybe need. Thus I would like to complain about AutoMapper a bit – it is lacking documentation. Sometimes it is much easier to read about some feature and realize “aha, great, now we can utilize this capability!”.

There is only one hint to upgrading process I would like to add. When upgrading version I guess you would usually replace path to assembly in all *.csproj, but don’t be lazy and do full search in other files, as you might have different build/deploy scripts that push 3rdParty components to appropriate folders.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone